Cookies that are so healthy you want to eat them for breakfast?
You’ve come to the right place!
I’m all for eating cookies for breakfast, and for that matter, lunch and dinner as well!
Cookies are ALWAYS the right choice in my book.
Let’s get to the recipe.
Loaded Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raw blue agave
- 3 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil (melted + cooled)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
How to make…
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil or any oil of your choice.
Step 2: In a small bowl mix together the oats, oat flour, pink salt, cinnamon, flax, baking soda, and baking powder.
Step 3: In a larger bowl whisk together the vanilla, almond butter, egg, agave, and coconut oil.
Step 4: In small amounts at a time fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until they are completely combined.
Step 5: Add in the cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and coconut flakes.
Step 6: On the greased cookie sheet put 2 tbsp sized cookies down about an inch away from each other.
Step 7: Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Store in an air tight container.
- I keep mine in the freezer and heat them up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds when I want to eat one.