I LOVE cheesecake, I’ve loved it my whole life, it’s my all time favorite dessert!
If you asked any of my family or friends they would tell you without hesitation how much I love the original sweet treat.
The other day I was messing around in the kitchen trying to make a healthier version of my favorite dessert and came up with THIS!
When I took these out of the freezer I let the cheesecakes soften to room temperature and cut into them only to find out they had a texture just as creamy as the OG recipe! I broke through the crust and it was the most buttery crumbly crust you could ever imagine.
It instantly melted in my mouth.
If this cheesecake recipe passed my standards, I promise it will make your taste buds jump for joy!
Let’s get to the recipe!
No-Bake Almond Butter Caramel Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 8 dates (whole + pitted)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup raw blue agave
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews (quick soaked)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 recipe of my ‘Healthy Caramel Sauce‘ (you will have left over sauce that you can keep in an air tight container in the fridge for a week.)
How to make…
Step 1: Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil (or any oil of choice).
Step 2: Quick soak cashews by putting them in a large bowl and covering them completely in hot water. Soak them for 30 minutes. Set aside.
Step 3: While the cashews soak combine all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. This includes the oats, dates, almonds, cinnamon, and almond butter. Blend until the mixture is completely combined. It will still have a crumbly texture, this is what we want.
Step 4: Take about 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp of the crust mixture pressing it down firmly in the muffin cups creating a sturdy crust.
Step 5: Drain the cashews after 30 minutes have passed.
Step 6: In a food processor combine all the ingredients for the cheesecake filling. This includes the lemon juice, agave, coconut milk, coconut oil, cashews, and vanilla.
Step 7: Blend completely until it’s smooth and creamy!
Step 8: Cover the crust with the cheesecake filling until the muffin cup is 3/4 of the way full.
Step 9: Top with the ‘Healthy Caramel Sauce’ and swirl in.
Step 10: Chill in the freezer for 2 + hours.
- To take cheesecakes out use a butter knife around the cheesecake a couple times and use the leverage of the knife to pop the cheesecake out.
- In an air tight container they keep in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
- If you can’t wait for the cheesecakes to soften to room temperature then you can microwave them for 10 seconds.